Kent Tilley, MDiv.
FBPPC Associate #70
I am a native of North Carolina and have lived in the Montcross Area in Belmont, NC, for ten years. I completed an MDiv., from Duke University in 1993 and my clinical training in 2005. I am certified by the State of North Carolina to practice counseling and psychotherapy as a Pastoral Counselor Associate. I am currently under appointment as an Ordained Elder in The United Methodist Church to the ministry of pastoral counseling.
What is a Pastoral Counselor?
- A qualified mental health professional
- Trained in depth in both the theological and psychotherapy disciplines
- Governed by all applicable professional standards
- Accepting of all clients’ spiritual life and beliefs
- Not tied to only one faith tradition
- American Association of Pastoral Counselors, Southeast Region
- The North Carolina Association of Pastoral Counselors
- Prepare Enrich (Trained Facilitator)
- Member of The Open Path Psychotherapy Collective